The nutrition consultation process will help you to understand your own unique nutritional requirements, and how best to achieve them. It is a process of guidance and education so that you eventually become self sufficient in making the best food choices for your unique needs, circumstances and goals. The aim is to address sporting performance within a framework that will benefit your overall health and well being in the long term.
- Your nutrition programme will be practical, easy to follow and fit in with your lifestyle and circumstances.
- You will be asked to keep a food diary for a few days. This is used to perform an assessment of your current nutrient intake.
- You will be asked to fill out a questionnaire which provides information such as medical history, family history, and information on any existing health conditions and prescribed medicines.
- At the initial consultation there will be plenty of time taken to understand your specific needs, goals and circumstances.
- A meal plan will be developed as an example of the types of foods and meals that will meet your specific nutritional requirements. This is not meant to be prescriptive, only to give direction.
- The number of consultations required will depend on the individual. A monthly session for three to six months is typical. This enables changes to be made gradually with enough time for you to incorporate new habits into your routine.
Full email, text, phone or Skype support is standard with all consultation packages, ensuring that you have continual support throughout the process.