No guessing. No standard diet to follow. No celebrity endorsements. Just a precise set of recommendations tailored for you and your genetic make-up. If you want to cut to the chase and follow a diet that you KNOW is right for you, Nutrigenetics is the answer.
A simple test can reveal information locked in your DNA that can guide you to eat the right foods and undertake the perfect exercise programme to help get the results you want for weight control, fitness training, athletic performance, and for anyone that just wants to be as healthy as possible.
Recent developments in genetic knowledge have revealed connections between genes and health. In order to optimise your health it is important to make diet and lifestyle choices that precisely match your genetic make-up – your DNA.
What is Nutrigenetics?
Nutrigenetics is concerned with the effects of our personal genetic variations in response to diet. Nutrigenetic testing enables us to find where we are on our journey towards achieving our personal, optimal health potential. Laboratory analysis of a simple swab from the inside of your mouth is all that is required to reveal the ideal diet and exercise programme for your genetics.
What Does the Test Tell Me?
- Your ideal diet composition (how much carbohydrate, protein and fat you need)
- Your ideal exercise intensity and duration (whether you should focus on high intensity intervals, long slow endurance, or somewhere in between)
- Your exercise performance potential (whether you are most suited to power, strength or endurance activities)
- Cholesterol metabolism (genetic factors affecting how you metabolise saturated fats and cholesterol)
- B-Vitamin Status (genetic factors affecting B-vitamin status. B-vitamins are required for energy metabolism and many other physiological functions)
- Detoxification (genetic factors influencing how well your detoxification systems are working)
- Inflammation (genetic factors that may affect inflammation and chances of inflammatory conditions)
- Antioxidant status (genetic factors affecting your ability to quench free radicals)
- Bone health (genetic factors affecting bone mineralisation)
- Insulin sensitivity (genetic factors affecting your ability to control blood glucose levels)
Based on this genetic profile information it is possible to adjust your diet and lifestyle to optimise health.
How does DNA Testing Work?
We will provide you with a test kit, including full instructions. The sample is a simple cheek swab from inside your mouth which is sent to the laboratory for analysis. Once the results are available simply book an appointment for a consultation, where you will be guided through the findings and recommended your personalised nutrition plan.
Personalised Nutrition Packages
Basic Package: £395 – DNA Test including 30-minute consultation to go through the results and recommendations.
Ultimate Package: £545 – DNA test including 3 x 1-hour consultations (one per month) to guide you through the process of adjusting your diet, exercise and lifestyle based on the DNA test results. Includes email, phone and Skype support between consultations to support you along the way.
Find out more
Contact Paul Chamberlain with any questions or for further information on DNA testing and our personalised nutrition packages.