Beyond Nutrition can provide access to a wide variety of functional laboratory tests. From food intolerance testing to stress hormones, vitamin D status to digestive function, many of the test samples require either saliva, urine or a finger-prick blood sample that can be collected at home. Testing is helpful in building up a picture of individual issues and nutritional requirements but is not always necessary and not compulsory.
A selection of functional tests available include:
- Adrenal Stress Profile: Measures levels of stress hormones. (£75)
- ONE Profile (Optimal Nutritional Evaluation). Measures amino acids, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants as well as organic acids and oxidative stress.(£312)
- Vitamin D status: Vitamin D is required for immune, nervous system and bone health. (£40)
- Digestive System Function: Indicates efficiency of stomach and small intestine in breaking down food and identifies potential imbalances that impact on digestive health. (£192)
- Food allergy and food intolerance testing: Prices vary depending on the exact test used.
DNA testing can help identify potential genetic factors such as detoxification problems and inflammation, as well as providing specific guidance on the ideal diet and exercise type for your specific requirements. Find out more here.
In addition, Paul Chamberlain is an ISAK qualified anthropometrist, which means he can provide body composition measurement to help monitor body fat and lean muscle changes resulting from your food intake, exercise and lifestyle changes.